Friday, May 6, 2011

Wish I could be there - evan

I know that Ameneh's starting rehearsals, and everyone is busy and struggling to find time and space to rehearse this puppy and get done the myriad things to get done before the summer, but I wanted to say I wish I could be there, and I'm starting to get that pre-project excitement. Not to say I wasn't excited before, but to be honest, I was a little skeptical - would we choose a play people wanted to do, once we did, would a play like this sound active and engaging outloud, once it did, could we get enough smart, talented people to put it on its feet? and ameneh did, which is an incredible feat in itself. I sort of mentioned to people casually I was doing "this thing" in DC over the summer, half expecting it to fizzle, but now that it is, indeed, happening and I've met the group of people working on it, I'm really truly excited and thrilled to be doing it. every theatre artist I've met whose given me advice in the last 4 years has talked about the need, the urgency, to find a group of collaborators and start from scratch, to make the kind of theatre and create the kind of opportunities that we want to be a part of as young actors, directors, designers. To stop waiting, and do. It's absolutely awesome that we, as a group, are doing just that - even if right now, focus is split a million different ways. There is something decisive here, above the idea of simply pumping out another play. Not only that, but its really gonna be fun. Can't wait to start!
also, ive started growing my beard. it will, most likely, be incredibly gnarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment